Aventuras de Frederick

We live in houses, but we were born to roam.

And though limited, roam I will.

But to begin, I don't think I've properly introduced you to Mike (although most of you probably know him from Facebook). 


Lover of dogs, bears, and, most impressively, humanity at its core. Mike is- in my biased opinion- one of the best humans ever created. He is my saving grace- my rock that has stuck with me through everything, from my bitching to my whining to my ball busting. 

Because of work and school and my general sickness, we only are able to see each other every other weekend. So when he does come to visit, we always try to do something fun. 

This week, it was Frederick, Maryland's Festival of the Arts. Set against a picturesque river walk, the festival hosts artists from all around.  It is quite a beautiful scene. 



We soon learned that the artists weren't especially pleased with strangers photographing their artwork. 











After a few [not-so] beauty shots, we popped over to Isabella’s for some grub.


Okay, I have to place a disclaimer here. I am not a shareholder at this restaurant and they aren’t paying me to review them (obviously), but Isabella’s is hands down one of the best restaurants in the area. It’s a Spanish tapas concept, which by itself, is brilliant. I mean being able to choose a lot of different plates to sample versus committing to one enormous meal? I’m so down.

So. Completely. Down.

Behold, my readers:





To wrap up our rather epic lunch, we enjoyed- at the waiter’s recommendation- a six flavor ice cream sampler. Let that sink in for a moment. Six flavor. Ice Cream.


And that’s not even the best part! Being the luckiest girl in the entire world, I walked away from the festival with- not one- but TWO new pairs of earrings, courtesy of my lovely Mikey. Seriously though, I’m quite spoiled.


I cannot even describe how wonderful today was. Although I had some incredible bone pain (ouchhh), I have not been this happy in weeks. Walking around Frederick with the person I love filled me with the freedom that I have been missing since they installed this awful PICC. For a moment, I was completely released from my life and had found serenity among the strangers and water and art. If this little moment reflects at all what the Great Perhaps holds, I am filled with an incredible resurgence of hope.


I realize my writing in this post has been a bit choppy, coma-overloaded, and frankly, a bit fragmented. But you have to understand, dear sweet people of the internet, I still taste this food. In fact, I miss it. I really, really do. Until next time, mis aventureros, adiĆ³s y vaya con Dios.


2 responses :

  1. Looks like a truly lovely afternoon. Hello to Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - who knew Frederick was so nice. I just know it as the place I drive by on my way north off 270. Thanks for th review of Isabella's will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

About