Sunny Monday Afternoon

Today, after my oh-so-exciting doctor's appointment, I decided to live as a normal human being would for a while. So what did I do? I went shopping, of course.

And in picking who would guide me to through this veil to normalcy, who did I choose?


Of course, my soul sister;


My blood;


My best friend and number one confidant.


My mother.


As far as shopping goes, I have nothing incredibly fabulous to show you. I got some linen pants. They are white though so I suppose that is pretty badass.


After shopping, we were so hungry, my mom and I practical raced to her favorite restaurant, Travinia. It's this rich-people casual Italian place in Leesburg. Not bad, not my favorite though either. I wish I had taken photos there so I could give y'all a mini review. Too bad, I sure hope you guys survive the disappointment.


After lunch we window-shopped for a bit to walk off the heaviness of the Italian food we had just eaten at extraordinarily fast rates.


Then, Pinkberry happened. I think we all know what happens next:




Hello little delectable cups of yogurt created by God himself. 



I, in true fat-ass form, ordered the original tart yogurt, smothered with dark chocolate crisps and strawberries. I am telling you now- and you can quote me- dark chocolate and strawberries together may just be the best food combination in all of Flavortown. (Comment if you get the reference).



My mom, being much more health conscious then I, ordered straight up green tea yogurt. I didn't try it, and apparently it was good, but I think I'll just stick with my strawberries and chocolate, thank you very much.



Enjoying your yogurt there, my gorgeous soul-twin?

In other news, in between three doctors bills, I received an incredibly sweet letter from my grandma's friend. Mind you, I have never met this woman or her family, but she sent me a get well card out of the kindness of her heart. She mentioned that she and her family were praying for me, as well as all the children in their Sunday School class. What?! What an incredible thing to do for a complete stranger. It reminded me just how strong my support system has been through everything that has happened. And I just want to take a moment and say thank you and that I love you all!

I promise I'll have a more exciting post next time- probably not though. 

xXx
K



2 responses :

  1. I've never had Pinkberry. Maybe we can go when I visit? A "normal" afternoon with your mom sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

About